Are you planning to buy a guitar? You could be a beginner buying your first one. You might also want to replace your old one. You may also want to start collecting or simply add to your collection of guitars. No matter what the reason, it always important to be smart and mindful about it. With a little bit of effort, you can find what is right for your needs. What are the things you need to consider for finding the perfect guitar?
1. Type of guitar
Guitars come in two major types that you can choose from: the acoustic and the electric. If you are a first-timer, it is advisable to choose an acoustic. Acoustic guitars do not require any accessories or equipment to use it which means you can start right away. They also have thicker strings, so it will be better for training your hands so that it will easy to transition into an electric after some time. But if, on the other hand, you are looking for something new and versatile, you may want to just go ahead and get the electric guitar.
There many guitars to choose from. There are the popular brands such as Fender, Gibson, Les Paul, Ibanez, etc. It is good to conduct your own research before making your decision. It is also wise to ask a friend’s recommendation and advice about what they think is the best and also what they have tried. Reading reviews about a certain product and brand is also nice. Here is a great review of the Ibanez 6-string as a start.
It is always important to know what your price range will be at the outset, whether it will be your first guitar or you are looking for something to add to your collection. Normally, a great guitar will be really pricey and if you are ready to invest in it, it is your choice. But if you are looking for your first guitar and do not want to spend too much, there are still decent guitars that are less expensive.
In playing guitar you will be developing your technique and style, so it would be a worthwhile consideration to invest in a few accessories. Electric guitars are more commonly associate with accessories, but acoustic guitars have them also. Here are some of the accessories to consider:
- Picks – These are essential accessories that help you strum and pluck. It is important to have the right material so it will not be easily broken and produce the sound you like.
- Stand – it is where you put your guitar for storage without the hassle of getting it into a bag every time.
- Strap – This is used so that you can attach the guitar to your body, so you will not be uncomfortable while playing, and they are almost essential when you are playing while standing up.
- Tuner – You’ll pretty much need this to tune your guitar easily and quickly. You can also get free apps that will do the job for you these days.
- String – strings are essential for a guitar, so it is a good idea to have a spare set on hand in case your strings suddenly break. It is also recommended to change strings when they begin to corrode or thin. Make sure to know the right strings for your guitar.